Sunday, March 15

KOLKATA

SO I wake up and I m in a complete different world. It seems like a dream but the "HAWRAH" written in big big fonts on the front wall assure me that I m not sleeping and this is indeed the last (if u count only 4) metro of India which I was yet to see. (I've been through Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, in last one year)(Though I would also count ahmebadab, Hyderabad and Bangalore as metro but they are not one of the four golden corners of India)
So its 4:00 AM in the morning and I am standing amongst a lot of people looking like me and speaking a language which I can understand. Kolkata has changed a lot I hear from a friend who is basically Bengali with me.
"sala kuch to gadbad hai, main Bengali me pooch raha hu aur log Hindi me jawab de rahe hai" was his frustrations statement.
But was a big relief for me after enjoying (!!!!!) my last 8 months in core south India.
within next half an hour I(with 7 other creature who are going to do a market share improvement study of whole north east region for commercial vehicles !!!!!!!) am in a taxi and then I see the famous hawrah bridge..
The awesome Ganga (called hubli or bhagirathi here) below me.
Seems black in night passing by quietly.
She knows people don’t care about her so much now-a-days.
The view at this time is of silence.
Didn’t give me the impression of it being the most crowded city in India.
May be I need to roam around more…
(More about the roaming part including the trams in next episode…)

No comments: